Join our team to build the future of e-commerce.
The eBay Israel Innovation Center is a self contained unit located in the heart of Tel Aviv. We are a small group of people who deliver products that bring people together and combine the power of social networks and e-commerce.
Leave your mark
The Israel Innovation Center is home to the some of the most creative people in the tech scene. We are always looking for people who are equally as smart and creative to grow our team. Be prepared to participate in the conception of disruptive new products – we experiment with new concepts that reach eBay’s extensive audience of more than 100M users.
We are family
To us, our team members are more than just employees (or ninjas). They are family. We favor open discussions and collective ownership over conservative hierarchies and strict waterfalls. We feel that size does matter – thanks to our small team you’ll get to work with virtually everyone, every day.
It’s no secret that when it comes to web technologies, if you don’t learn something new every day, you are left behind. With that in mind, we are always looking to experiment with new web stacks, JS frameworks and just about any new hotness that we believe might help us build better products. To spice things up and sharpen our creative minds, we practice a Code Kata every week to build stuff that we’re excited about, with whatever technology we want to play with.
Work hard, play hard
We say that startup blood flows in our veins, as we are passionate about our work and dedicate a large portion of our time in the office, building the products that we love and believe in. With that in mind, we created an atmosphere that encourages us to blow off steam – We enjoy a living room with an XBox, play with martha (our inspirational dog), engage in meaningless conversations with great people and enjoy the best bars and night life of Rothschild Boulevard.
It’s no secret that when you pay in peanuts, you get monkeys (definitely not ninjas). At the IIC, we recognize your talent and dedication by rewarding our employees with competitive compensation that matches American corporate standards. As a bonus, we offer a slew of generous perks and benefits. Our office is located in the heart of Rothschild Boulevard (a.k.a Silicon Boulevard). You get to collaborate with teams across the globe and participate in major conferences. As Israelis, we encourage you to be casual – some of us wear flip flops while others enjoy roaming the office barefoot!
What we are looking for
At the IIC we look for entrepreneurs, not employees. We are looking for talented people who are self motivated and eager to learn, seeking opportunities to be influential and autonomous.
This engineer will work within a team as a senior software engineer, technically leading major development applications used by eBay’s marketplace and deployed to production systems.
Responsibilities include: high quality development of web applications (Front end + Back end) that integrate with multiple backend systems; high design and implementation knowledge; support of production applications; and coordination of development tasks amongst team members.
- Over 3 years experience developing with web technologies.
- Over 5 years experience as a developer.
- Fluent in one or more web languages like Java, PHP, Python, Perl.
- Experience with MVC.
- Proficiency with MySQL or similar relational database.
- XHTML & CSS skills with full understanding of web standards.
- Experience using common API’s and web services (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Google, Amazon) to extend website functionality.
- A strong interest in social networks, with knowledge of the technology/concepts behind them.
- Some systems administration ability in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and be able to work in a fast-paced, team-work driven environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or closely related discipline.
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails.
- Experience managing a software development team.
- Experience with cloud architectures.
Hiring manager – Erez Dickman
Start date – Flexible
Click here to contact us